Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wil Fucking Wheaton

So one day I find this link.

"On a completely different note...I LOVES me a good story. I also loves me some good writing. If you ever want some good writing but relatively unknown writers, I urge you to check out Wil Wheaton and Jamie Wakefield. Both are geeks who have incredible gifts of the written word. Wil Wheaton is a former child actor turned author who has lead an interesting life. Jamie Wakefield is a former geek turned renaissance man who is forcing himself to lead an interesting life. A year ago his wife died of Ovarian Cancer and she told him before her death that she didn't want to look down on him from heaven and see him alone, sad and crying. He quit his job and began training for the UFC and now lives in Madrid Spain with his former high-school girlfriend. His life is something I would never want and can't stop wishing I had. What makes both of these writers great is that they have stories...and they have the skills to spin the tales. I strongly urge you to check them both out."

(Thanks MrWright)

Pretty cool huh? Me being compared to Wil Fucking Wheaton? And I know you're thinking, Wakefield, why do you call him "Wil Fucking Wheaton?"

It's a sign of respect.

His blog is pretty slick and I have to point out these two entries I just found that you need to read. All about his first encounter with William Fucking Shatner. I can't do a direct link, so scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the two William Shatner entries. Well worth the time for anyone who ever watched Star Trek and Star Trek: TNG.

http://suicidegirls.com/members/WilWheaton/news/

"I passed the craft service table, setup behind the starfield that hung next to the Ten-Forward set. Michael Dorn and Jonathan Frakes were pouring cups of coffee.

"To hell with him, W," Jonathan said. I love it when he calls me "W."

"To hell with who?" Michael asked.

"Shatner took a shit all over the Teen Idol," Jonathan told him.

Beneath his latex Klingon forehead, Michael rolled his eyes. "You want me to kick his ass, Wil?"

"No, that's okay. Thanks, though." I said.

"I've got your back, man," Michael said."

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Will's got it going on. I glance at his site once in a while. He also did a column reviewing old school videogames in the Onion AV club, which had some quality observations. I used to think he was nothing more than a turdburgler, but have come to appreciate the sublime insights that Will has to offer.

    Oh and the Suicide Girls can be quite hot. Maybe I can convince my wife to get some tatoos and piercings (fat chance).

    Ciao for now.

    JoeG

    ReplyDelete