Magic Arena


Big Red is by far my favorite deck right now. The main reason for that?

Goblin Chainwhirler.

I don't think I have seen a card so likely to make Kibler stop playing Standard since Lifebane Zombie.

This card is so broken and every time I play it, I'm just amazed it saw print. If you are playing Green or Bant or anything involving mana creatures, this is just a beating. If you are playing WW it is a beating. Tokens of any kind - beating. Planeswalkers? Remove a counter for all of them.

I know it's not that big a deal to say that I made Platinum this morning but that was literally 3 levels with just big red and most of the time it was just pure domination. Plus, sometimes you play a mogg fanatic and your opponent just concedes because burn is the best deck in the format right now.

I think the only thing I would change is the Legendary Zombies for either more Bladewing or more Phoenix of which I have neither.

1 Demanding Dragon (M19) 135
23 Mountain (RIX) 195
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
2 Runaway Steam-Kin (GRN) 115
4 Goblin Chainwhirler (DAR) 129
2 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
2 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
1 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
4 Fanatical Firebrand (RIX) 101
3 Chandra, Fire Artisan (WAR) 119
2 Verix Bladewing (DAR) 149
2 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion (WAR) 140
2 Ilharg, the Raze-Boar (WAR) 133
2 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
2 Sarkhan, Fireblood (M19) 154

This guy is about to have a bad time...


I played the Chainwhirler, attacked, put the dragon into play and he conceded.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Magic

Greed and the One Percenters