More UFC 109

If I was a betting man, I would have lost a lot of money last night.

I have actually bet on a UFC event once in my life and made $500 on it. When Jens Pulver lost to Joe Lauzon. I only bet against Jens because he was such a heavy favorite. I bet on all the underdogs on that event. Every other underdog lost. (Now that I know Jens, I would never, EVER bet against the man just because he is such a good soul.)

Last night, I would have lost a lot of money. I was sure Swick, Marquart, Couture and Trigg would win. I was so sure I almost bet a lot of money on all of them. I was wrong about everyone but Couture.

My good friend, Dave Meddish, says I should update more frequently with smaller posts. I agree with him. So, there you go.

Comments

  1. Like everyone, I expected Coleman to lose, though perhaps not in such a completely one sided manner. I kinda feel sorry for the poor bastard since he can't even use age as an excuse, given his opponent. It was more obvious than ever he just never evolved into a 3 dimensional fighter.

    On the subject of heavyweights, I still hope Fedor comes to the UFC sometime soon since I think it would be fun to watch him annihilate Lesnar. For that matter, I would like to see Lesnar fight someone, anyone with legitimately heavy hands. So far he's beaten journeyman striker Heath Herring and that's about it. Lesnar is quite the impressive physical specimen and has a big personality to boot but it still irritates me he got a title shot in his 3rd fight in the UFC. I would have liked to see him earn it a bit more.

    Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Greed and the One Percenters

Magic