I hate books.

I have always cherished books. I loved their smell, their texture, the turning of the pages, the collecting. I loved everything about them.

No more.

Wendy and I are of one mind on this. Sadly, the iPhone has destroyed my love of books. I still read hard copy books, but if I had my choice, I would prefer to read a bad book on the iPhone than a good book on paper.

I never, in my wildest imaginings, thought I would ever type something like that.

A book has a weight I don't enjoy. It requires a light source. Turning pages requires me to lift the book off the pillow supporting it.

An ibook requires none of these things. A simple flick of the thumb, no light source, just text in its simplest, best form ever.

I can carry three thousand books in my pocket.

Do you know how many boxes of books I have in the eves of my house in Vermont?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Greed and the One Percenters

Magic