Which Charity Would You Support?

Before you read this, remember who I am and what I stand for. I am 100% for gay and lesbian equal rights in everything. I am 100% for helping the homeless and feeding children. I am 100% for America continuing to be the melting pot of the world. What I talk about in the following, is a rant about priorities.

Wendy and I LOVE Top Chef. We have seen every season thrice. I can quote contestants, seconds before they speak. Sadly, the show does not run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. My mind cannot grasp why not. Like heroin addicts, we are both looking for video methadone to hold us over until the next season starts. Sometimes it’s Anthony Bourdain, sometimes it’s Kitchen Nightmares, and if we could get our hands on it, Chopped, which is not available for download, not from the website, not Fnac, nor from Amazon.

Luckily, there is Top Chef Masters which has just started up again. For those who don’t know, this show is about chef’s who have already established themselves as stars in the culinary world and they compete for charity.

It boggles my mind the charities these people pick. Help for immigrants? Help for soup kitchens? Help for people with ADD? Help for people who are gay or lesbian?

Look, I don’t mean to be cold, but there are serious issues that need to be solved. Like, I don’t know, CANCER which kills 1.3 million people a year! Or maybe repairing spinal injuries or blindness!

One guy just said he hopes to win the $100,000 prize for his charity “Feeding America.” Look, maybe I’m just bitter this morning, but if you can’t get food in America, you are retarded. Another guy is supporting education about gays and lesbians … Look, if you’re gay or lesbian, no amount of money is going to help your situation. If someone discriminates against you in America, there are laws in place. If you’re in a middle-eastern country that will stone you for being gay, no amount of money is going to change that. The country needs to evolve on its own. It should evolve, but no amount of money is going to speed up the process, I’m sorry. Your charity might as well be “Peace in the Middle East” or “Free energy for all from a perpetual motion machine” or “Everyone gets a unicorn.” Then there’s a guy supporting a camp for kids who have had kidney transplants. HAVE HAD! He’s not supporting kidney transplants, but the CAMP they go to AFTER.

Seriously?

Don’t you think the hundred grand could be better spent on people NEEDING a kidney transplant? Or fixing kidneys? Or spent making sure people fill out their donor card when they die?

The guy’s charity that drills wells in Africa so whole communities can have water, that one I like. I like water. Everyone should have it. See, that’s a real cause.

If I was competing for $100,000 for charity, I’d think pretty hard about where that money would go.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Greed and the One Percenters

Magic