Um, sorry?

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Holidays and all, ya know?

On top of that we have a very nice woman painting our apartment so we spend a lot of time moving furniture, cleaning it, then moving it back. We moved our sofa into the other room and since Wendy is female, decided that we should take all the cushions out of their covering, shake out the dust and dog hair, then put them all back in. (All very logical but men would just move stuff back into its previous space and not even vacuum the floor where the furniture has been sitting. Men.)

Anyway, that alone took until 1:00 in the afternoon. That one simple task. Right now we have all our books piled in 18 stacks because the wall holding all those books is getting painted. Soon, we will move them all back. And the shopping of course. Between a dentist appointment and shopping for Wendy’s gift, I was gone from the moment I got up and showered until 2:30 in the afternoon.

We’re going on a scuba vacation shortly after Christmas so I have to get certified online to save time when we get to the dive center. There are six courses. The first course took me three days to complete. Not like, three eight hour days but three days plus life interruptions. Hmm, scuba vacation in 7 days. Course one took me three days. Five more to go.

Instead of going to a PTQ or a local Magic tournament I spent seven hours Saturday doing three more courses, which were much easier than section one. At the moment I am at the last few minutes of course five. The test wants me to answer “What is the minimum surface interval required between a dive to 18 meters/60 feet and a train leaving St Louis at 35 kilometers an hour with a buxom redhead in seat 4A who looks interested in you?”

(Obviously not the real question.)

I’ve tried everything on this question. I have a dive computer. I have the dive charts. I have a web page chart explaining how long you need to rest between dives to eliminate nitrogen and I just can’t get it. I have two more questions on section five and then I get to move on to the final section and I can’t move past the question.

“Who is your favorite child?”

“I can’t answer that.”

“Incorrect. You do not move on.”

Sigh.

Click “try again”

Repeat.

I have done little in the past three weeks but work out, run, move furniture and books, Christmas shop, call the IRS, cook, answer email, eat and sleep.

That’s not a complaint, just a summary.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Greed and the One Percenters

Magic