My first Tweet.

"If I had one wish it would be to eliminate greed."

I say this in the wake of learning that Gaddafi has sequestered billions of dollars of oil revenue for himself and his family. This is just one in a long line of people where too much is never enough.

It reminds me of the Koch brothers and Fox news trying to break up unions in Wisconsin. Or Walmart paying its workers minimum wage, never granting health insurance while the Walton family (owners of Walmart) is one of the richest families alive.

I'm not against human desire to succeed or even become wealthy. I find those goals lofty, as shoudl everyone. But once you have billions do you really need to make others suffer so you can have even more?

But no. Stealing a hundred million from your country isn't enough. You have to have twenty times that.

You can follow me on Twitter as Jaedence.

Comments

  1. Hi Jamie,

    This is completely unrelated to your current post. I have been thinking about what I am about to write since I read your post called "Torn" a few weeks ago.

    I started reading your columns on the Dojo when I was in the 4th grade trying to build decks around Ekundu Cyclops. Admittedly, I read more than the average 4th grader, but back then I loved your work.

    Now, as an adult with a "real" job, who aspires to be a published author, and who still plays magic semi competitively, I still love your work. I renewed my subscription to SCG solely because I saw you were writing for them. I'm not trying to guilt you into writing more for them, but if you're still feeling the way you were when you wrote "Torn", please know that where-ever and what-ever you write you have dedicated readers. The pebbles you've tossed ripple farther than you know! Don't ever stop writing.

    Sincerely,
    Nathan Burns
    nburns@trschools.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Army Magic

Greed and the One Percenters

Magic