Monday, January 14, 2008

"You sound awful. Stay away from me."

Remember when you were a kid and you get to stay home when you were sick? How many days of school did you miss?

I remember one.

When you were sick, you were better the next day. Not so with today's new SUPER VIRUSES! YAY! I can't remember the last time I was sick for one day (other than a hangover.) No one I know gets sick for one day.

It's clear that soon we will be living in a post apocalyptic Hell akin to Stephen King's "The Stand" or Richard Matheson's "I am Legend." Yes, the flu keeps getting stronger and now lasts weeks instead of a day. I'm on day 6 right now and can't wait for this damn thing to be over. I'm sick of waking up in a pile of snot. I'm sick of feeling like someone has stuffed forty pounds of cotton candy between my ears. I'm sick of coughing.

Thankfully, I have yet to shoot liquid out of both ends as illustrated by my classy Spanish teacher. Thank God for that.

Time for another Hot Toddy.

2 comments:

  1. Keep as warm as you can. The bugs don't like the heat (which is why the body goes into a fever) and reproduce slower if you're really hot. Ample liquids and doses of vitamins, garlic and onion, for feeding your immune system, are also advised. Good luck with that.

    - Random Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.
    You have to over sick now yes?
    Post more?

    ReplyDelete